The South Asian Helpline and Referral Agency (SAHARA) is a non-profit organization providing services to survivors of all forms of abuse in the South Asian community by providing them with culturally-sensitive and linguistically-specific services.
The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing the agency’s annual outreach plan and engaging service providers, community members, and volunteers to SAHARA’s mission and organization. He/she identifies stakeholders to increase awareness of the services offered by SAHARA. In addition, he/she facilitates educational and preventative activities designed to increase community awareness, capacity and support. It is a forty-hour per week position. Weekend and evening work is often required and reduces the in-office hours accordingly. The position is a non-exempt, 40-hour per week, reporting to the Executive Director.
· Develop content and expand contact information for monthly outreach calendar and advertisements
· Ensure appropriate staff and volunteer representation at selected community events, often on weekends
· Engage volunteers and connect them to our Operations and Communications Manager (OCM) for interviews, orientation, trainings and communication. Coordinate with OCM for volunteer participation in outreach activities.
· Create content for SAHARA’s calendar of print media, social media, and handouts to increase community awareness
· Foster relationships with community stakeholders and enroll them in our communications calendar via OCM
· Present to and participate at outreach events and community gatherings
· Collaborate with service providers and community organizations, as well as participate in coalitions, committees and networks, to increase awareness of and access to services
· Organize and facilitate culturally appropriate legal and clinical workshops for Orange County community members
· Document and report activities and results for administrative contract reporting
· Conduct weekly street outreach in local South Asian community
Background and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in the same or a related field
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and focus on details needed for successful programming in collaboration with clinical, legal, marketing, and administrative staff members.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
· Exceptional customer service skills
· High degree of professionalism and accountability
· Valid California Driver’s license and the ability to travel to multiple local locations
· 40-Hour Domestic Violence Training certificate – could be completed within two months of hiring date.
· Sexual Assault certificate – could be completed within two months of hiring date.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
· Ability to communicate well in English. Fluency in understanding and speaking one or more South Asian languages is required.
Please send your cover letter, job application, and resume to:
Only applicants meeting the criteria stated above will be contacted
Principals only; no recruiters please; do not contact with unsolicited services or offers
EOE – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply